This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase using this link.
This year Father’s day is on Sunday, June 18th. Typically we don’t do too much because my husband is not one for a lot of fanfare (yes even on his birthday AND Father’s Day). But, he is so good to our family, always running, always doing, always keeping the house going. He deserves some damn cool gifts this year! In my hunt for some cool things for him, I found some very unique and special gifts that I want to share with my Determined Moms! I can’t wait to get started on them with our girls so they are all ready! So, here is a list of The TOP 10 Handmade and Unique Father’s Day gifts for 2017!
Top 5 Handmade Father’s Day gifts for 2017
- Salt Dough Key Chain- Kids love play dough, but that stinky stuff is crumbly and would just make a mess, not a memory. The simple solution is homemade Salt Dough. This is a must do for my husband, who loves useful items the kids make him. Click on photo for a complete tutorial.
- Painted “Dad Rocks” Rocks-In our family, rocks, and gems are a huge thriller! We love looking for uniquely shaped rocks and here in Washington state, the gorgeous agates and jaspers are everywhere. Kids love painting and this would be a great addition to any garden or even garage display! Click on photo for complete tutorial.3. Folding wooden stick cards- Skip the expensive greeting cards and make these instead! Dad can hang it up in his office or at home to remember all of the reasons why the kids love him! I would suggest making only one, be sure to put the year on it and use a different color stick for the things each child says. That way it adds even more to the meaning of the gift! Click on the photo for a tutorial. 4. Finger Painted Canvas- This project is great for any age, even our little ones who can’t yet tell us what they love about dad! I love the bright colors that they chose for the tutorial. The kids will love the mess and dads will love the end result-something you can hang on the wall! Click on the photo for the tutorial.5. Lottery ticket basket- These teeters on the edge of homemade and store bought, but I know my husband will love it! There is nothing more exciting than scratching those tickets! Sure to give Dad a thrill or two!
Top 5 Unique Father’s Day gifts for 2017
- The Beard Bib- This thing does not only make for hilarious photo ops, but it is incredibly useful! I can imagine the time and mess that it will save bearded Dads and Grandpas alike! This is my choice for funniest and most functional Father’s Day gift! Click on photo for link.
2. Motion Activated Toilet Light- Maybe this will make their midnight aim a little better? Who knows. But, it looks like a bright idea and it may just make cleaning the bathroom a little easier! Click on photo for link.
3. Mobile phone car mount- This is an awesome super inexpensive gift. It is magnetic and sticks to the back of the phone and the dashboard to make it easy to see the phone, but also easy to remove. Click on photo for link.
4. Semi-Levitating Portable Bluetooth Speaker- This gadget looks great and it is portable, take it from the backyard to the garage to the soccer field. Dad is sure to love this Father’s Day gift! Click on photo for link.
5. Char-Broil Gas BBQ Grill- This is what my husband really wants for his Father’s Day gift! It will also be what he is getting (shhh don’t tell him). I love the warming rack, extra side burner, and all of the room for grilling! Don’t forget the cover to protect the grill! Click on photo for link.
No matter what gifts you get your Dad or Husband this Father’s day-just be sure to show him how much he is appreciated. Our house would not be a home without my husband! I hope you all have an amazing Father’s Day!